E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, August 16, 2013

He Was 13 Months Younger

Late Monday evening, 8/5, the Boss called with bad news.  The doctors refuse to do any more procedures and my sister and family decided to remove the breathing tube.  Without the machine he will surely die.

I caught a plane to Florida early Tuesday morning, picked up by my nieces and went straight to the hospital.  My brother-in-law was in and out.  When in he wanted the tube removed and was quite upset that it wasn't done right away.  After legal issues were resolved the tube was removed Wednesday about noon.  With family by his side the whole time, he passed from this world 24 hours later.

There was a short memorial service last Monday evening.  Since then we've been keeping my sister company and trying to help her through a very hard time.

Technically he was my brother-in-law who I saw once or twice a year.  Emotionally this man was my brother, and I'm told he felt the same way.  I trust he's in a better place, but that doesn't help much.  I really miss that man, very much.  I feel a part of me has been ripped from my soul.

1 comment:

NotClauswitz said...

My sincere condolences.