E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Not Good

Last spring my brother-in-law was diagnosed with lung cancer.  He had surgery and removed a small section of lung, and pronounced him cancer free.  Then they said he had cancer in his lymph nodes, so he started chemotherapy.  He's been in and out of the hospital 9 times since April.  Seems his lung just will not heal, so it's collapsed several times.  Right now he's in the hospital with a breathing tube down his throat.  He has a lung that will not heal, and 2 types of infections.

Early this morning the Boss flew to Florida to be with my sister, who's exhausted and reached the end of of her rope.  According to the Boss, who just called, he has enough scare tissue that the lung may never heal.  If the Docs knew about the scar tissue issue, why the hell did they do surgery in the first place?  And they never mentioned this possibility to my sister.  Is that why they call it a medical practice?

Several years ago my father had bypass surgery.  A vein was taken from his leg.  He was diabetic so the leg didn't want to heal.  The surgeon wanted me to convince Dad to let him take a vein from his good leg to put in his bad leg.  What a moron!

The more I'm exposed to doctors, especially surgeons, the less respect I have for that profession.

Right now I'm trying to decide when to go be with my sister. 

1 comment:

NotClauswitz said...

I hope by now things are getting better... (formerly DirtCrashr)