E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Carry Guns

I've mentioned before that I have 3 carry guns. My personal choices are a 3" 1911 (45), Kahr PM9 (9mm) and Keltec P3AT (380). My preference as to which I carry is also the order listed. I wish they were all single action, but I'm not made of money.

I've never fully understood why anyone would prefer to shoot pistols with the long trigger travel found on most of the newer designs. Give me the trigger on a stock 1911 or just slightly modified HiPower any day.

I have 3 because they all serve different purposes as far as concealment versus cartridge effectiveness. There are times where the 45 is too large, so I go to the Kahr, and then more rarely I carry the Keltec in a pocket.

I think it was Jeff Cooper who called anything smaller than the old 45 as a mouse gun. Here's an article on mouse guns that may interest.

No comments: