E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Left Handed Better

The last time I did any shooting was about a month ago. I've been able to do some hand gun work 3 times since September, just before surgery. Before hip replacement surgery last September I was working on improving my left handed marksmanship, mostly with my Buckmark target 22. Because of weather I've only been able to do hand gun work indoors, once each of the last 3 months.

The last time out my left handed accuracy was surprisingly better than my right hand. I'm right handed. I was very surprised since last summer the left wasn't even close to being as good as the right. Today at 10 meters I was shooting 5 rounds right handed followed by 5 left handed. After a total of 100 rounds I couldn't tell the difference in accuracy.

I even ran a few magazines through the little Kahr PM9 at a half sized silhouette target using one hand then the other. I don't shoot this miniature 9mm as well as a 1911, even 2 handed, but all rounds hit the black and fairly well centered.

So why practice one handed, even wrong handed? Because it just might, one day, save my life or the life of another. Besides it's hard to do well. I like a challenge.

No comments: