E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Classic Americans

Went on an errand this morning for parts to fix a window. While sitting at an intersection a rather long funeral procession went by. I'm guessing there were something like 20 motorcycles in the middle of the group. I'm also guessing they were part of a club.

Back in my youth, any memeber of a motorcycle club was considered in a gang and part of the lowest in society. I suppose some still think that way.

As of late I've heard of motorcycle clubs acting as guards around childrens playgrounds in bad parts of towns. I've also heard of clubs acting as a screen to keep war protesters from interrupting funerals of fallen soldiers. I suppose there are still some low-life clubs, but more and more these are clubs of classsic Americans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they had flags on their bikes and/or yellow banners across their windshields, they were probably Patriot Guard Riders and that was probably the funeral of a veteran.

Otherwise, it may have been a fellow biker, or friend of bikers in some way.

Bikers tend to get a bad rap because of the small percentage that are thugs and criminals. The vast majority of bikers are good people and are just as involved in the community as anyone else.

Haji said...

"I've also heard of clubs acting as a screen to keep war protesters from interrupting funerals of fallen soldiers."

I've seen them here, outside of Fort Campbell, to keep those loonies from Westboro from interrupting a funeral. They impressed me.

There's a huge difference between a motorcycle club and a 1%er club...or better said, gang.