E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, September 12, 2008

It's Fixed

My last range visit resulted in my HiPower becoming a single shot. The extractor broke. Mine is a FEG Model PJK-9HP, made in Hungary. It accepts Browning HiPower mags with no problems and years ago I installed a Browning extended safety with just minor fitting. The only other functional modification was when I removed the magazine disconnect and shortened the trigger reach and throw.

Now I just dropped in the new Browning extractor. I guess it really is a Browning HiPower clone, but at only $260 back around 1990(?) I think. I bought it, and 6 mags, because of the looming mag capacity restriction. Besides, it's a classic design that fits my hand.

I own four 1911s because they can easily be modified to fit me, and I like the cartridge. But my favorite design, to date, is the HiPower.

No comments: