E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Hate Summer

It appears that most people long for heat, and can't tolerate the cold as they get up in years. I guess that's why some migrate south after retirement. I'd bet the whole state of Florida would levitate if it wasn't for all the old, wrinkled grey hairs there.

Not me though. The older I get, the more I like colder weather. It's just short of 90F outside, and I hate it. I'm sitting in the basement of my airconditioned house where the mercury reads 61F, wearing a T-shirt and shorts. The temperature is about perfect to me.

Damn - - I hate summer.

1 comment:

Haji said...

I was at the range again today, and two hours was enough. It was about 91 and 75% humidity, at about 10:15 this A.M. Its probably going to get worse, too. I imagine I'll be getting up earlier on Rangeday. I came from SoCal to Kentucky, so I'm no stranger to heat; being hot doesn't bother me all that much. Add humidity, though, and the suck factor goes right off the chart. I long for fall.