E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Open Carry - - More opinions

- - - we two, very openly armed men were standing in the middle of a large chain department store discussing carry options and holsters while the rest of the shoppers and employees bustled about us unconcernedly going about their business without a care in the world.

I know some disapprove of open carry except under controlled circumstances, and feel that it is somewhat exhibitionistic and wont to draw unfavorable attention - in short it "scares the white people". Or as I like to say - scares the sheep.

I've carried openly for years, long before the relatively recent CCW laws here in Ohio, but only while hiking in state forest land or fishing. Never had the gonads to try it in suburbia. Just don't want the hassle.

1 comment:

Haji said...

I carry at work, and often go to the store after work. I was not happy leaving the gun in my glovebox, so I started taking it with me, after verifying that Wal-Mart doesn't have any "no firearms" stickers on thier doors. I've only ever seen one other person open carrying there (she was hot, too!), but it appears that nobody even notices. I'm sure some would care if they were aware of it, but their situational awareness is such that they don't.