E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Baked Like Turkeys

The eldest called late this morning wanting to either go shoot paint balls or lead. After the Boss told me it was supposed to get up around 90F I opted for throwing lead. Standing or sitting in the shade at the range consumes a bit less energy than dodging and weaving through the woods with a mask covering the face.

I was shooting groups with the new AR using 4 different factory ammo. The best I could do off the bench at 100 yards with the HoloSight was 6 shot 3 inch groups. Early on, while writing notes in my range book, a big drop of sweat fell on the page. Bummer. I got an old towel from the truck and wiped my face every little bit from then on.

At one point I switched to short guns and tried some 100 yard practice with the .357 and .454. My marksmanship hasn't been great lately with the short guns, and sweaty hands didn't help a bit.

After about 3 hours we decided to head on home. By then we were both baked. The little button had popped out on us turkeys.

No comments: