E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Found Some Coated 357 SWC

Not surprisingly I've run low on bullets for my 357 Mag. I have lots of powder and primers, about 300 rounds loaded, but only about 20 bullets. My first choice is Sierra 158 Gr hollow core, then Hornady 158 Gr XTP-HP. The Sierra is a little more accurate in my gun, and both have performed well on deer. Can't find any of those. 

My eldest son uses coated cast lead bullets in all of his handgun loads. He claims no barrel leading issues like I did years ago. So I went looking. Found coated cast 158 Gr SWC that I ordered with a 3 month delivery. Then I found another source and ordered some from them.  Those were delivered in 1 week. I'll be loading those just like the jacketed bullets (1250 fps) and see how they do. If it works out I'll save the JHP for hunting.

No comments: