E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, August 31, 2012

Vacation Report

Several days ago the Boss, our 2 dogs and I arrived at a secluded cabin in the woods.  A day later our youngest son, wife and dog joined us.  So far it's been 5 days away from home and the normal routine.  We've had a great time so far.

Yesterday we were in a tourist shop called "Men's Toy Store"..No, it wasn't full of guns.  It did have cigars, pipes & tobacco and a bunch of politically incorrect and conservative clothing.  I acquired 2 new T-shirts there.  The sales lady told me that occasionally a potential customer would complain about the T-shirt messages.  As usual it seems that the 'left' are the ones that complain about someone voicing their opinion, while saying that voicing an opinion is their right. 

Today the 7 of us (4 adults & 3 dogs) took a hike of almost 3 miles.  Besides being totally soaked with sweat, I think we all enjoyed the trek.  It's been almost 2 years since my hip was replaced, but the muscles have not quite fully recovered.  Today I was pleased that I could go that distance with nothing more than a little fatigue from these 61 year old legs.

No comments: