E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Too Damn Hot . . For Me

Yesterday we were at the 'big house' getting it ready for an open house today.  The Boss, granddaughter and I worked 9 hours, mostly in the 90 degree heat.  We all ended up filthy and smelly.

This morning I went out into the garage shop to straighten things up. With all the other needed work, that's been rather low on the priority list. I did manage to get it into good enough shape to walk into the door wothout tripping over something.  I intended to spend several hours on the task, but quit after about an hour.  Despite being just 9AM, I was dripping sweat.  Enough is enough.

My normal body temperature is actually higher than what's generally considered normal.  And as I've gotten older I've become more sensitive to heat.  80 degree temperatures, especially with our humidity, is near my tolerance level.  I become soggy just walking.

My 91 year old father-in-law is just the opposite.  At any temperature below 80, he wears a jacket.

No comments: