E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, August 6, 2012

Here's Hoping

A few years back I picked up an Auto-Ordnance 30 Cal carbine for a song.  After running several mags of fun, the magazine blew apart.  The gas piston deformed the stop which then kept the return mechanism from from fully closing the bolt.  It still fired, but the case split.  I tried several methods of repair, but none really worked.  I came to the conclusion that the barrel is a bit too soft, so the only fix is a new barrel.

Kahr Arms now owns Auto-Ordnance and is once again producing the carbine.  Today I sent the customer service department the serial number and place of manufacture. 

Here's hoping I can get a new barrel installed.  That little rifle is a blast to shoot, and would be perfect for the Boss.  The military versions and the new AO rifles are a bit pricy for me.  The price range is near that of a new AR.

No comments: