E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Vacation Report

Last night and for the next several days the Boss & I will be spending nights near Hershey Park in Pa.  Her sister and husband are involved in a time share deal, and we 4 are occupying a 2 bedroom condo each evening for a week.

Today we drove south for a tour of the battlefield at Gettysburg.  The Boss and I were there many years ago, but not the rest of the group.  Even though this was a return trip for us, it was still very interesting.  It's hard for me to immagine so many men just walking across open ground, up hill, directly into musket and cannon fire.  I can't immagine soldiers of today following such stupid orders.

I sure hope the military leaders of today have studied and learned from the stupidity of our past.

No comments: