E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Guns & Booze

The governor here in Ohio has signed a bill that changes the law and now allows licensed carry in establishments that serve alcohol. It will be legal as long as the establishment does not post a no guns sign, and he who carries does not drink. As you can imagine there's a percentage of the population that's screaming at the top of their lungs.

I think that 3 of the states surrounding Ohio has similar laws, I know that Indiana does, and it hasn't been a problem there. I also know that I've been carrying into alcohol serving establishments, though illegally, for years. Guns and alcohol does not mix, so I don't drink when I do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Virginia passed a similar law that went into effect one year ago, and so far there hasn't been any problems. You can still OC into a place that serves alcohol (there are no bars in VA) and drink as long as you do not get drunk. There hasn't been any problems with that either that I'm aware of.

trajectory said...

In my neighboring state of Indiana they treat guns & alcohol like driving a vehicle and alcohol. There's a blood alcohol limit.