E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Employment Update

About 5 years ago I lost the job I held for 16 years. During that time my responsibilities changed several times and I was maxed out as far as pay was concerned. Loosing that job was actually a good thing because of the major family issues that came to be within a couple of months.

When thing cooled down I accepted a job doing simple mechanical design for a small company. The pay was a lot less, but it payed the bills, no stress and I could go home for lunch visiting the Boss and our grandson. After a year I accepted a promotion and became the head of the engineering department supervising 3 EEs, and 1 programmer. I was the only ME. That lasted 2 years until the mother corporation decided to move the entire operation out of state.

For the last year I've been working through/for an agency as a mehanical engineer, mostly doing design once again. Again very low stress and paying the bills but farther from home. Last Friday I was assigned the lead of a design project that I estimate will last 4 months. Sound similar? If you're good at what you do, somebody will notice.

No comments: