E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, January 28, 2011

Disappointing

A while back I posted about my Charter Arms 44 failing. A crack formed in the forcing cone. Something like 3 weeks ago I sent the customer service manager an e-mail, with pictures, asking if this is usual and if it's covered with any kind of warranty. So far there's no reply. This is disappointing.

The Bulldog not an expensive firearm by any stretch, and if I overused it compared to it's intended function, then so be it. But 4 or 5 hundred rounds in a couple of years is not excessive in my opinion, especially when shooting 240 grain cast lead at less then 700 f/s.

Despite it's problems I still like the little revolver. It's one of the very few double action revolvers that I can grip correctly and fire double action with just one hand. That's why I own just a couple of revolvers, and only the Bulldog is not intended as a hunting gun. The others are Rugers that I only shoot single action and with two hands.

So why not get a small framed Ruger or S&W? Because they don't come in a "large" caliber and because I'll never carry a revolver concealed. For concealed carry I carry a 3" 45, Kahr PM9 or the tiny KelTec 380, in that order of preference. And I can shoot them all one handed, with either hand. I want a 44 special just because . . . . well . . . . just because.

Tomorrow I'm going to re-up my membership at the outdoor shooting range, then stop by the indoor range where I purchased the Bulldog. I'll have a chat with the friendly gunsmith and see what he has to say about the situation.

No comments: