E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Not as Directed

I must admit that doing my therapist assigned home exercises has not happened like it should in the last week. My tendency is to spend as much time as I can on my feet, not doing pre-determined exercises. Today was one of those days where I ran the vacuum sweeper in every room, put things away in my man cave, and cleaned the kitchen after 2 meals.

Yesterday we met my eldest son, his wife and son for a nice leisurely lunch. It was the daughter-in-laws birthday. She claims to be 29 once again. Then we went to a shoe store for a pair of slip-on, non-metallic safety shoes for when I go back to work. After that we were at the adopted grandchildren place to celebrate Halloween.

In general I've been as active as I can tolerate, but at the expense of formal exercising. Despite that, the therapist keeps saying that I'm progressing very well.

Today I didn't take any pain medication, which was a little bit of a stretch because I became more tired than I though is appropriate. I didn't take any pain medication before going to bed either, but that was a mistake. I woke up at 1:00AM in pain and as usual needing to pee. I took a pill and wish it would kick in so I can go back to bed. It's now about 2:15AM. I need the sleep, tomorrow is another physical therapy day.
- - - - - - -

By the way I needed the new slip-on shoes because I can't now, nor will I be able to tie my right shoe for some time. In fact the wife puts socks on my right foot for me. My place of employment requires safety shoes in the shop and either booties or dedicated in-shop shoes reducing tracked-in contamination.

No comments: