E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, August 2, 2010

Now That's Ugly

Those were the first words from the surgeon when he looked at my hip x-ray. The only options are to live with the bone on bone pain or get a total hip replacement. So I'm being scheduled to be cut the last Monday of September with an estimated 3-6 weeks of down time afterward.

I would've scheduled it sooner, but I'd miss the annual Hell Survivors paintball trip to Michigan. Even if I can't play, I'm not missing the trip.

As I type this I have a metal sample wrapped on each arm to test for possible allergic reactions. I'm to keep them on for about a week. It's better to find out before a metal spike is driven into the top of my leg bone, than after.

---------------

The surgeon told us about a woman from the UK that was in with a hip complaint. When told she could get it done on a couple weeks if she wanted she was very surprised. Apparently in the UK you have to wait until you're 70, then get in line. That's pretty shitty as far as I'm concerned. I'd have to live in pain and on drugs for anothrt 10+ years.

And that's the kind of health care the evil people want here. BS!!

No comments: