E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Plan For Today

went ker-plunk like so much wet newspaper. Yes I went to church with the Boss. Yes we enjoyed the little carry-in meal. And yes we hauled some stuff there for the upcoming church garage sale. But unfortunately we never made it to the range.

The Boss wanted to shoot her Firestorm 380, but alas I had only 1/2 a box of 380 ammo in the house. Now there's 3 gun shops within 15 minutes of where we live and 2 are open on Sunday, so no problem. Right? Wrong. Not a box of 380 to be found. There was a time when 25acp and 32acp was hard to find, but not today. I found that ammo in abundance, but not the 380.

Both shops claimed to be getting a shipment in around the middle of this week, so we're postponing our little trip for another week. I got on the 'net this afternoon and managed to order 500 rounds of once fired, mixed brass and 300 bullets for her 380, though not the ones I wanted. I ended up visiting 5 locations to find those. Even components are hard to find. Thankfully I was given dies for the short 9mm a few years ago. Looks like I'll be making ammo for the Boss as well as for myself.

No comments: