E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Damn Computers

So another weekend comes to an end and the Boss has yet to try out her 380. As previously posted, yesterday was a day of shopping for new electronics, and I've spent most of today messing around with getting this stuff installed. The Boss spent half the day with her church family and the other half with yard work.

Being far from a computer geek, I struggled all day. I put in a new wireless router, and a wireless USB adaptor on the old Dell that's now in the armory. The dell is now internet and printer connected through the router. Not a problem there.

The new computer is also internet and printer connected but not as I originally wanted. I wanted it ethernet connected to the router, but I couldn't make that happen. For some reason it insists on using the built in wireless to the router, I think. That works but it's a bit slower than through the cable. In addition I couldn't get it connected to the printer via ethernet from the router to the printer, so I bought a long USB cable that I connected directly to the computer.

The Bosses laptop is on the new wireless router with internet access, but I still can't get it to print. I suspect the virus killed some needed files. Without a recovery disc I'm screwed unless I upgrade it from Vista to Windows 7.

I know a guy who can fix the issues but I hesitate to call him.

No comments: