E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME

As of today I've been breathing earthly air for 59 years. When I turned 50, the sons gave me a card that said the only thing older than me would be a petrified dinosaur turd. For 9 years they've been telling me that I'm older than dirt. Next year, when I turn 60, I wonder what they'll be saying.

To celebrate the Boss took me to a local seafood place for lunch/dinner where I made a complete pig of myself. Afterwards I took the grandson to the local indoor range for 1/2 hour of paper punching. Since I was there yesterday I didn't fire a shot. I enjoyed myself watching another generation learn some pistol shooting with my Browning Buckmark. (Short single action trigger travel - See below)

In the next 2 lanes were 2 grown men shooting at full sized silhouette targets at 7 yards. One was using a snubbie and the other a striker fired semi auto. They both were barely able to keep the rounds on the target. At, say 50FT, those targets would've been clean as a whistle.

On the other side was a woman shooting a 40, tearing the center out of the paper at 50Ft. I've always felt that any woman who isn't afraid of the gun, has the ability to out shoot any guy around with a pistol.

Since I'll be starting back to work next week, shooting during the week will once again become very rare. Oh well, being an evil gun owner has a few drawbacks, like having to work for a living.

No comments: