E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Carry Something

Isn't it interesting how us gun-nuts discuss the merits of various cartridges and platforms to fire them? It's actually a whole lot of nonsense because people and situations in which they carry a weapon is so very different. I presently carry 3 different weapons depending on the situation, and all are different. Most of the time I carry an alloy framed 1911 with a 3" barrel in 45acp. At other times I'll have the Kahr PM9 or the tiny Keltec 380. It all depends on what I'm doing, where I'm going, and what I'm wearing.

A little over 3 years ago I caried a Walther 32acp, in a tuckable IWB, under a tuxedo at my eldest son's wedding. I didn't yet own the PM9 or the 380, and the 45 was too large to conceal.

When the Boss finally gets her handgun it'll end up being a revolver, probably in 32Mag. Her surgically repaired hands don't have the strength to rack any slide, and probably can't tolerate the recoil from even a 38.

The bottom line is carry what you can, but carry something.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Coolness! I carried a 3 1/2" Springer 1911 for years; also the Kahr PM9 (fan-freaking-tastic gun), my wife's gun; the Kel-Tec 380 (currently), which replaced a Walther PPK 32acp as my pocket gun.

Great minds think alike!