E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

On The Wish List

Ever since I started messing with my Ruger SuperRedhawk in .454 I've had a hankering for a short barreled lever gun so chambered. I think it would be great as a house rifle and 'relatively' short range hunting. Besides it would be just plain fun. The problem is the working pressure is most likely higher than lever actions can handle. But if somebody marketed such a rifle, it would be at the top of my list to buy.

After seeing this post, I just might consider something in .357 or .44.

1 comment:

tom said...

Rossi/Puma 454.

Already exists.

I'd prefer .45-70 or .450 Marlin because they match/surpass the energy of casull quite handily even in a short barrel but then I'm the loon that proved .458 WinMag and .458 Lott are viable PISTOL carts.

To each his own.

They're manufactured on a production level but are kind of a special order or troll around gunbroker kind of thing.

Barrel and mag tube lengths are gunsmith adjustable just like all firearms if 20" is too long for you but you'll reduce mag capacity as the mag tube and barrel are damn near identical related to OAL of firearm.

~$700 MSRP depending on blue or stainless and all the shortening money or time you want to throw at it if you might not care if it becomes about a 7 rounder instead of 10 unless you wish to register it as an SBR and you could go so far as to make it a 1 round magazine NFA Carbine lever pistol :-)

All depends on what ya want.

M92 Carbine .454Casull Blue or Stainless 10+1 20" Round Bbl.

:-)

You're welcome.