E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, July 20, 2009

Got The Scores

I got the scores from the shoot of a week ago. I was the only "never done it before" shooter there, and to my surprise I didn't finish dead last. That, despit the occasional failure to feed problem encountered. Of the 7 shooters in my catagory I averaged 5.8th overall. Nothing to brag about, but not last anyway.

The top shooter scored 415 points. That guy is a good shot, and fast to go with it. My son scored 162 points for 4th place compared to my 151 points and 6th place. This was his second shoot. The last place shooter accumulated 59 points, and he's been doing that for at least a year. He needs to do some slow fire target shooting to learn some trigger control.

I might do it again in a couple of weeks, but I'm not going to be doing it all the time. I enjoy other types of shooting as well, like battle rifles, bolt guns and 100+ yard targets with a revolver. There's only so much time and money to go around.

No comments: