E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, March 2, 2009

Revolver - Intermediate Power

Since the Boss was doing OK, and sleepy I stepped out this afternoon for some window shopping. I own a Ruger Security Six .357Mag, a Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull and most recently a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44Mag. Up until the 44 I didn't notice the big gap between the 2 double action Rugers.

I went window shopping with an intermediate power caliber in mind. I was looking for a 44, special or Mag, 41Mag or 45Colt double action revolver. I found a couple of S&W revolvers in 10mm that were interesting and couple of .44Mags. Neither fit my hand very well. The 5 shot .44 special Charter Arms Bull Dog was a good fit, about half the price, and will be considered.

I haven't handled the Ruger Redhawk as yet, nor the Taurus. I suspect the Ruger will be a better fit than the Taurus or the S&W. That's why my other double action revolvers are Rugers. The trigger reach is a little shorter.

3 comments:

James R. Rummel said...

Good post.

James

Unknown said...

My brother in law has a Charter Arms Bulldog, and having shot it I can say that it's soft shooting, which suprised me. It's also pretty petite for a .44 caliber. When I have the bucks saved up I'm gonna have to pick one up.

Eric said...

Smith & Wesson does have a .44 Special, the 396 Night Guard. I've been eyeballing it lately as my last few purchases have been .44s (Ruger Blackhawk, S&W Trail Boss).