E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, July 25, 2008

To Each His Own

I've been reading James for a few years now. Every so often the 1911 against the world debate flares up into a little fire. Everybody has their personal likes and dislikes. There isn't anything close to a one size fits all with shoes or handguns.

I agree the old horse is dated but I've never experienced the issues, other than cost, that others complain about. When your hands are close to the same size as those of the early 1900s, handguns designed back then just fit better. When I run across a pistol that fits as well, and has a nice short trigger stroke, then I'll certainly consider it. Until then, the old 1911 is my second favorite design right behind the not-quite-so-old HiPower (with modified trigger).

1 comment:

NotClauswitz said...

My 1943 A1 gets fed the proper diet of ball ammo and doesn't miss a beat. I have large hands but not flabby or meaty ones and I don't get hammer bite either. Lately "they" have been heard to say that ball doesn't overpenetrate in homes and stuff, so good - besides it's cheap.