E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, July 28, 2008

New Toy

For the last several years I've been trekking to Hell Survivors for a paintball extravaganza called The Tippman Challenge. My first trip we were on the Tippman side where I was kicking ass with my electronically fired A-5. The problem was that we outnumbered The World team by about 3:1 so at times it was hard to get into the action. We were getting in each others way.

So I purchased an inexpensive blow back semi-auto just for the trips up north. Now we have been on the World Team and outnumbered. As it turns out that is a lot more fun. So the last few years I've been out numbered and out gunned. And to make matters worse, my inexpensive gun has gotten a bit finnicky. It's been harder to adjust the velocity and the sear doesn't always work as expected.

Since I tend to get into tight spots, by not retreating when I should, I decided to acquire a non-Tippman gun with a higher rate of fire. I just purchased a Proto SLG. It is electropneumatic. It has multiple settings for modes of fire. The one I'll probably use is called NXL. It'll fire 3 shots on regular semiauto with the forth squeeze of the trigger being full auto. Got a feeling I'll be needing that.

No comments: