E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Redding Neck Sizer

Several years ago I bought a Chilean 7mm Mauser from a friend who needed the money. And as usual I worked up some decent handloads for it. What I do is temporarily mount an old 4X pistol scope on the rear sight for testing. Later I removed the scope and instead of reinstalling that little rear notch, I put an eperture sight there. Old eyes you know. I found about 4 different loads that shoot 1" groups at 100 yeards.

A few years later I purchased a Redding neck sizer. It was wierd because I had to crimp the bullets to keep them from walking out of the neck. I've put up with that for several years, until now. I e-mailed Redding and asked if they had some issues in the past. The reply was brass became thinner at some time and that the new neck sizers will accomodate the thinner brass. I didn't ask for a new sizer at all, but I was offered one. If I send them the old one, they'll replace it for me.

Now that is customer service.

No comments: