E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Freedom Means Acceptance

One of the benefits of living in a free and liberty minded (I wish) society is the ability to basically do what you want as long as you don't HURT others. Those that color their hair strange colors have that right, though I think it looks ugly. Youngsters can wear their pants so low as to expose their undies, or butt cracks, though that shows immaturity in my mind. Old men can pull their pants up to their arm puts if they want, though that looks rediculous.

The flip side is that a free society also requires acceptance (again I wish) of others. For instance,
Senate lawmakers in Florida have voted to ban the fake bull testicles that dangle from the trailer hitches of many trucks and cars throughout the state. I wouldn't adorn my truck with them, though my first reaction is to laugh, but that doesn't give me the right to object to others doing that. Anyone trying to pass a law such as this needs to have their organs removed and dangled on display. Seems to me there's more important issues to consider. What someone uses as decoration is not the business of anyone.

I guess if the law passes, those truck drivers could use the real thing.

No comments: