E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Range Time New Hardware

 The 45LC ran just fine with the new main spring, and surprisingly the sights were right on at 25 yards with the few rounds of ammo I had on hand.  I think I loaded those for someone many years ago.

I dropped a Timney trigger in the AR which naturally fixed the going full auto issue, It came to me with an old BSA reflex sight that exhibited intermittent power failures when I was trying to zero the rifle.  I need to do something about that, but may have to wait until I decide if I'm going to convert it to 6.5 Grendel.

The FN shot great with the PMC 40S&W I purchased.  After a few rounds I was able to keep most shots within about 2 inches at 25 yards, unsupported. I had a very good day.

Had some issues with the 9mm barrel installed in the FN. It kept locking up, requiring a brass mallet to get into battery.  At home I found my reloads have a base diameter of .388 to .391 and the chamber entrance measured as .390 using a caliper. As a comparison my FEG Hi-Power has a chamber of .396. I'll be replacing my 35 year old dies, and maybe getting the FN chamber opened up a little.  Hornady critical defense drops in easily (.387 Dia) and my reloads a a light press fit.


.

No comments: