E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Getting Some Better

So it's been about 9 weeks since the Doc replaced my hip joint with titanium and a bit of tough plastic. The muscles are slowly coming back, thanks to 2x a week physical therapy, but a bit slower than the last time. I was a bit younger then, and didn't develop muscle knots.

Yesterday I came up out of the basement using both legs like a normal biped. Barely made it by pulling on the hand rail. I paid for that the rest of the day. In therapy I've been stepping up on a 4 inch platform. The steps are 6-7 inches high.

The muscles in my butt have developed knots, due to the trama, that resist relaxing. The result is pain and weakness. About a week ago the most offensive knot got dry needling. A thin needle is pushed into the knot, several times. Hurts like hell, but the knot relaxed. Hopefully the other knots won't need the same procedure.

Late winter or early spring I plan on wild bore hunting with my oldest son, and horse back riding with the Boss. Hopefully the leg won't let me down.

No comments: