E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Finally Scratched the Itch

 Recovery after hip replacement a month ago has finally gotten to the place where I can get around with a cane, though not very far. Before surgery I mounted a 1-6x scope on the AR and a red dot on the lever action 454. Today I drove to the eldest son's house for some trigger time. He did the walking for me to the target stand and manned the spotting scope. 

Zeroed the AR at 100 yards without any issue at all.

The lever gun was somewhat problematic. I need to run groups with the 300gr bullet and compare to the 240gr that I normally shoot in the revolver, and used today. The faster burning powder I load behind the 240gr may be somewhat erratic in the longer barrel, or it could be a twist rate issue. Just theory to be explored. 

It sure felt good to be out for the afternoon fixing my itchy trigger finger. Couldn't happen without his help. Much appreciated.

No comments: