E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, October 14, 2021

On The Home Front

 Since I can't do anything about the a-holes now running the Fed government, a few words on other more personal matters.

I repositioned the front sight on the 1911 and applied a drop of loktite . Fired about 20 rounds and it seems to be holding.

Got the CETME running with installing oversized rollers. It functions well with actual milsurp ammo (still have 600) but civilian brass sticks in the chamber requiring manual ejection. The very old 3-9 scope died  so I installed  PA 1-6 as a replacement. I'm now a fan. I may put one on my AR replacing the red dot.

Finally got the little PM9 back with the express sight installed. Dotting the i works well for me, far better than the 3 dot system that's so popular. The front sight really pops. It's not a target sight, but for me still better than minute of head at 25 yards. I think they're great for a defensive carry gun.

Been spending a lot of time fixing a bunch of little things on the used Montana 5th wheel we recently bought. Been tightening and replacing screws, filling holes to repel bugs, topping off hydraulic oil, checking everything for function, etc.  Once the Boss has the interior loaded to her liking, we'll take a short trip.

No comments: