E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Handgunning Today

Llama 380 is a cute little almost 1911 that I like, when it functions. I'd like it a lot more if it didn't fail to feed at least twice with every magazine fired. I have 2 magazines and this happens with both. It appears as if the cartridge rim hangs on the extractor, and fails to get between the extractor and the bolt. I tried rounding the corner of the extractor, but so far that didn't help. Since I found a source for a new extractor, I'll work on the old one some more and maybe look at getting another recoil spring.

I think I settled on IMR 4227 as the powder for the Charter 44 special. I seem to be getting a full burn, unlike the others I've tried. I have some of that powder and don't use it for anything else.

Shot a few rounds through the Kimber UltraCarry, 2 handed, strong hand and weak hand only.  My weak hand sucked and some limp wristing caused a couple of misfeeds. Otherwise not too bad at 25 yards.

Brought the old Ruger Security Six, my deer hunting gun fitted with a red dot sight. After the first six rounds or so I settled down and was able to hit what I wanted at 50 yards. A bit rusty I think. The 4 inch clay birds turned to dust. I used to be able to do that with iron sites. Getting old eyes sucks. Next time I'll have some coated SWC loaded to try. I actually found some. I haven't shot non-jacketed bullets in years.

- - - - - 

Looks to me like the communists in DC are actually trying to create a civil war.

No comments: