E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, July 26, 2019

Actually Made it

to the range today and spent about an hour & a half launching lead.

Looks like the Remington target 22 edged out the CCI Blazer at 50 yards from my old Marlin.  I got inconsistent group sizes from the Blazer.  Some were smaller, some larger than the Remington.  The Remington produced very consistent 2 inch groups.  Not too bad for a 40 year old rifle with a 4X scope and old eyes.

The SUB2000 is now adjusted for windage and elevation when shooting off hand with my 9mm hand loads developed for my Hi-Power.  When shooting from a rest it hits about 6 inches high and 2 inches left, with a 4 inch group at 50 yards.  A group that large is not uncommon for my old eyes using aperture sights. It appears to do better when shooting off hand at dirt clods on the hill. And yes it is fun to shoot.

I drug the old 30 carbine along and ran a couple of magazines shooting at dirt clods.  It also has aperture sights.  With factory ammunition I did better than with the SUB2000 as far as accuracy goes.  I've always been able to consistently hit 4 inch clay birds at 50 yards.  Today was no exception even with my old eyes. 

I'll probably run the old Marlin and the new SUB2000 again to verify the results.  But my next trip will primarily be to run groups from the Charter Arms Bulldog.  I never did settle on a hand load for that revolver.

No comments: