E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Health of my Girls

The Boss's knee recovery has had a setback.  Earlier in the week she was within 4 degrees of getting her leg straight, now she's back to 8.  She also has started getting pimple looking spots on her skin at the knee.  She's been treating the spots with cream and taking antihistamine.  She'll probably see a Doc. early in the week for that.

The new knee is titanium and I believe UHMW.  Ultra High Molecular Weight polyethylene.  Some sort of adhesive is also used.  They didn't test her for reaction to any of those prior to surgery, like they did for my hip replacement.  It would be a real bummer if they have to remove the knee replacement and start over.

As of today my horse has been confined in her stall for 2 months as the Vet. recommended.  Probably won't make it there today, but tomorrow I'll be starting her reconditioning. I'll start by rope leading her very slowly in the barn, and work up from there.  It might take a month or 2 before trying her under saddle. She has lost a lot of muscle mass just standing around.

No comments: