E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, November 4, 2013

That's Cool

The Boss called me at work today with a message from the eldest adopted grand-daughter.  For her birthday, in a couple of weeks, she wants her grand-father to take her shooting for the first time.  How cool is that?

She also said that her step-father's gun is too heavy.  I knew he wanted one, but I didn't know he'd bought one.  I assume she wants to shoot handguns, because she mentioned the local indoor range. 

I couple of years ago I started teaching her basic gun safety, so this weekend we'll do more of that.  Then we'll choose one or more guns that fit her for some dry firing.

We'll naturally start with 22lr, probably my Browning Buckmark,  and go from there.

It's been a while since I taught a young person the safe enjoyment of shooting a firerm.  Can't hardly wait.

.....................
A couple of weeks ago her step-father asked me to help him setup a new arrow rest on an older compound bow, that was mine at one time.  I shot, and still do with finger release, where he's decided to uase a mechanical release.  He's replacing the rest, and I think a new string was installed.  So we'll be starting basically from scratch.  I've done it before and he's a newbie. 

That's OK.  I'll enjoy helping him.

No comments: