E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

250 in 2 Days

I can't imagine a more enjoyable weekend than I just had.  Two full days of "tactical shotgun" training at TDI.  I learned tons of stuff from great trainers, 2 of which are active LEOs/swat team members.  Learned new skills, and improved most of them throughout the 2 days.  I still have problem shooting on the move without stopping, and I'm not entirely happy with my 3 shot time.

We were timed going from low ready to 3 target hits the first day.  My best time was 2.08 seconds.  The next morning my time was 1.4 seconds.  At least I improved.  My most noticable issue was getting my finger from the safety to the trigger.

I will admit that 250 rounds through a 12 Ga in 2 days, in 90+ temperatures with high humidity is damn tough on an old man.  Would have shot more if I didn't spend so much time drinking gallons of water. 

I wanted to go through the live fire house a second time, but we were short on time, and I was exhausted.

My eldest son and I did this together.  We'd both like to do it again.

No comments: