E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Various

Saturday morning was spent running the Boss around, then the afternoon was mowing grass at the old place.  Looks like the bendix on the starter is going bad.  Really hate to spend the money on that old tractor because it's too large for the new house.  At over $100 a pop to have it mowed is sure a lot more than spending 3 hours to do it myself with $65 for new parts.

My daughter in law has been unemployed for about 2 years.  She has a masters degree in marketing.  My son, computer graphics, will be unemployed this Friday.  Thankfully she found a job starting in a couple of weeks.  Without at least one working they will lose their house in 2 months.

Most of Sunday was spent working around the house, and late afternoon at my grandson's birthday party.  For the first time in my life I played laser tag.  It was fun, but I'll take paint ball any day of the week.

I spent Monday with a wheel barrel moving mulch for the Boss.  My poor aching back.

Becoming an expert dealing with carpenter bees.  So far I've killed well over a dozen by spraying wasp and hornet killer into their holes at night.  I also have 3 in a trap.  Next step is to puff dust into their dens and fill the gaping holes made by wood peckers.  I suspect the battle will last all summer, and maybe into next year.  I will prevail.

My OWB holster for my 3 inch 1911 doesn't cover the trigger completely, since installing the short trigger.  I've been using it for years without incident, but it's time to fix it.  Bought a Galco Side Snap Scabbard.  The only thing I don't like is the lack of leather between me and the slide.  And like all new leather, it creeks when I move.  My Kahr PM9 works well in the old holster.

Mounted the Fire Sights on the CZ 712 Utility.  Assuming I can adjust them to my satisfaction, they should work quite well.  Now I'm considering a sling and stock mounted ammo for the training this July.

Went to the sheriff's office today and applied for my carry license renewal.  Was told it will take at least 45 days to process.  That will put it past my expiration date, but the state allows a 30 day grace period.  Doesn't really matter to me, since my Florida license will get me through the null period.

1 comment:

eriko said...

I now use this stuff on holsters after starting to use it on boots. My Redwing shop had it. It quite's the squeak right down and smells good like bees wax. No relation other than I like it.


https://www.google.com/search?q=obenaufs