E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Range Report CZ 712 Utility

The ATI adjustable stock is well worth the money, especially the recoil pad.  The combination of being gas operated semi-automatic and the recoil pad makes the 12 Ga 00 buck feel more like a 20 Ga hunting load, and significantly tames the recoil from slugs.

It functioned flawlessly with light target loads of #8 and standard 00 buck loads but for some reason didn't particularly like the Win Ranger reduced recoil 00 buck stuff.  After a few boxes of shells I'll try them again.  Funny thing, the reduced recoil didn't feel much different than the standard loads to me.

With the IC choke installed the #8 pattern at about 50 feet spread all over a full sized silhouette target and the 00 buck pattern was about 24 inches.  Also, slugs hit about a foot low and left at 50 yards.  The weather turned bad so I didn't try any other choke tubes.

A buddy talked me into trying one of his 3" 12 Ga slugs.  Even being a semi and with the good recoil pad, the felt recoil was intense.  I won't be buying any of those.  I'm not particulerly recoil sensitive, but my bad right shoulder can only take so much.
--------------
Correction - the cylinder bore choke tube was installed.

No comments: