E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, October 14, 2011

Job Security??

I think I mentioned that my contract job turned into a direct hire position. Instead of doing disconnected mechanical designs I am now assigned responsibility for all mechanical systems in that part of the facility. We have about 10 machines that are used to grow silicon semiconductor crystals. All of which are being asked to perform in excess of their original intent.

These machines are rather complicated and use just about any type of engineered system you can imagine, short of nuclear. I need to work another 8 years before even thinking about retirement. I don't think I'll run out of work by then.

Some will say that's job security. Not me. Job security is ancient history, especially with the Gov always trying to fix things.

No comments: