E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Show - Not Range

Today was one of those high temperature, high humidity days so I decided to stay in the AC and go to a gun show instead of the range. I really don't like my guns to be covered in human sweat.

I went looking for a 454 casul lever rifle, but no luck. I saw a really good deal on a Mossburg pump with telescoping stock and and pistol grip. It would be a nice tool to have if uninvited guests come calling. I was able to resist the temptation this time around.

I did spend a little bit of money though. I came away with a brick of 22lr, 150 Federal 357 brass, a new folding knife, sling and swivel for the AR and 400 round of AR ammunition. Everybody needs 22lr, even if they don't need it, and I was below the 1000 round minimum, as dictated by the Boss, for the AR.

One of these days I'll start loading for the AR. I have dies, bullets and brass, but so far not the ambition.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've found that the trick to loading .223 is to do it a little at a time. Resize 100-200 pieces of brass in a spare hour one week; the next week spend an hour priming them; two weeks later start the loading process. It's rare these days to have the time to sit down for a day and push out a batch of 500, so it's best to spread the workload, and there's something rewarding about it when it's done over time.