E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Anniversary

In about 2 weeks I will have been a temporary employee for 1 year. My co-workers occasionally ask when they're just going to hire me. My standard reply is that they are not going to hire me because this is less expensive for them. Being an old geezer engineer means I have a slim chance of finding other employment. At about the same time as my first anniversary I'll also be turning 60. GASP!!

I found a company document that states their standard practise is to go temporary for 18 months and then re-evaluate. What I think will happen is the same as for another engineer they hired. He was temporary until getting an offer from another company, then he was offered a direct hire instead of temporary.

Assuming I find another position that I want, this place will be out of luck since I don't play those games. If I'm offered another position that is satisfactory then I'm gone. I won't play their little game. I'll turn in my notice and leave. Assuming, that is, another place wants an old grandfather engineer.

No comments: