E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, September 3, 2010

That Was Weird

Today was one of the strangest days I've ever had in my engineering career.

I've been a "temporary" contract worker for about 7 months, and I'm scheduled for major surgery in 3 weeks. I knew they were going to find somebody to take my place while I was unable to work. I still don't know, officially, if they want me back when I'm able, but I suspect they do.

Anyway, I was on the phone with an application engineer of a potential component supplier when my boss plopped a few sheets of paper on my desk and left. After the phone call ended I saw that he put 2 engineer resumes there, and 1 was marked with 3:00 today. It was 2:00 at the time so I went and asked what it was all about. Well, . . . . 3:00 found me as part of a small team interviewing my potential replacement. That was weird. I've been on both sides of the interview before, but never to fill the position that I presently held.

I think they want me back because my boss, who was there for a brief time, explained that someone was wanted to fill the gap during my absence, and that the duration is expected to be 6 to 8 weeks.

No comments: