E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Private Range

Last Sunday the Boss and I drove to a park in a neighboring town to participate in a walk intended to raise money and awareness for ALS, better known as Lou Gehrig's disease. My daughter-in-law's mother died of this horrible disease a couple of years ago. Rather than hobble around on my cane, the Boss elected to donate $100. Actually we would've donated the money anyway. We showed up to support the daughter-in-law.

While there her father asked me to design a shooting range for him to be located on the farm land he owns. Goody, goody!! Not only will that give me a closer place to go shooting, the Boss will be more inclined to do some shooting as well. She dislikes formal shooting ranges with a bunch of strangers around. Besides the range where I'm a member doesn't allow the normal plinking targets like expended shotgun shells. They only allow paper and clay targets.

He didn't even give me a maximum dollar expenditure for the range, though I'll try to keep it reasonable.

No comments: