E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

41 Mag

The August issue of Shooting Times has an article about the 41 Mag handgun cartridge. If you've never heard of this very fine cartridge you're not alone. Unfortunately Dirty Harry carried the 44 Mag, and not the superior, in my estimation, 41 Mag.



I've never been fond of single action revolvers, but the Ruger is the only presently manufactured revolver that comes close to fitting my hand. Consequently I do not own a 41. My brother-in-law owns a couple, but not me.



The 41 Mag has less recoil and nearly the same, if not equal, energy as the 44. The report is less ear splitting than the 357 Mag and is ballistically superior to the 44 from a hunting standpoint. What's not to like?

For those that don't know;
357 Mag - 0.357" Dia
41 Mag - 0.410" Dia
44 Mag - 0.430" Dia

No comments: