E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Think It's Time

to teach the almost 3 year old grandson gun safety. Last night I stepped into the gun closet to check on my ammo supply when the little guy followed me in.

Little guy: Are those your guns grandpa?
Me: Yes they are.
Little guy: They're pretty. Then he started pulling triggers.

The guns (only long guns) in the closet are my least valuable and always stored unloaded, but . . . He needs to be taught some basics. I had a talk with his father tonight, and he agreed. His dad has almost as many guns as I do, though he may lock the door to the room. I'm not sure about that.

My 2 boys were in the neighborhood of 7 when I taught them about guns, including how to shoot. But then again I don't remember either one of them sleeping with a toy gun like the Little Guy has.

No comments: