E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Frustration

Work is going OK, but I've been a bit frustrated this week.

I spent 3 days fixing a 3D model assembly and resolving dimensional inconsistencies between the model, 2D drawings and the hardware that has been built and is being used. This was done by a co-op student from a local engineering school, who's not there anymore. In the future I should be working with the co-op ME so I can teach some attention to details like functional dimensioning and tolerances.

Then the Chem E I'm assigned to help, keeps changing his mind on what's required and the priorities of the work I'm doing for him. He's one of those over-the-top intelligent individuals who tends to be a bit scattered in his thought processes. With a little more time and trust on his part, I think we'll be able to be more efficient. In the interim I'll be exercising my patience a bit more than I would like. I really shouldn't complain very much because he's the guy that wanted me over the other applicants.

No comments: