E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, February 28, 2010

We're Back From Florida

Ever notice how the drive home seems to take longer than the time getting there?

The Boss was like an ice cube for the vast majority of the trip. She had fingers, legs and butt like a frozen turkey. She finally warmed up yesterday when we retrieved Amber (Siberian Husky) from the kennel where she was staying. She was colder in Florida with temperatures in the 40s and 50s than she's been since coming home to temperatures in the 30s. I will admit that the temperature here, though colder, feels warmer to me as well.

As usual we brought more back than we had with us when we left. The Boss had to get presents for all the grand-kids, and I got 2 things for myself. I got a ball cap at Stone Mountain and a Mickey Mouse watch in Orlando.

The ball cap simply says Stone Mountain on the front, inviting humorous comments about what's inside my skull. I wanted one from Rock City, but they didn't have any that just said Rock City.

The watch has a more utilitarian purpose. Where I'm presently working I get exposed to some magnetic fields. I prefer analog watches, but they don't like magnetic fields, so my new watch is digital. Being of the Mickey Mouse variety is just for fun.
-------

In all of Florida I never once saw a sign forbidding the carrying of firearms. I guess that's not too surprising since Florida started the ball rolling with shall issue laws.

Even the Kennedy Space Center didn't say no to guns, though everyone went through a metal detector. Their sign said no to coolers, sharp objects and knives, but didn't mention guns. I left mine locked in the truck anyway. Wouldn't want to scare the sheep you know.

As I sit here typing this at home, I feel a little light on my hip. Except for the space center I've had a gun on me for 15 days. Kinda got used to it.

No comments: